Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer Fun

I think I may have already mentioned that we love Madison! We are having a great time here! Audrey and I have explored a lot and have had many adventures already. Mitchell has been working everyday but we try to explore with him in the evenings and on the weekends. Here are some of the fun things we've done so far!

This is a yellow watermelon that we picked up at the farmer's market last Saturday. It was delicious! Tasted just like the normal pink variety, maybe a little sweeter. The farmer's market was fun! There are so many local farms that you can pick up just about any fruit or vegetable grown locally. In addition to the yellow watermelon Mitchell got me some lovely flowers: sunflowers and gladiolus. I actually heard on the radio just this morning that Wisconsin has the second highest number of farmer's markets per year after California. Somewhere around 350+!

He had this one coming to him... Mitchell and Audrey were playing airplane soon after she ate. Apparently she was a bomber not a fighter plane! Haha!

I sewed this little sun hat for Audrey. It comes in quite handy when we play outside on the lovely summer days we are having. She wasn't too thrilled to be photographed at the time.

I don't have a photo for this one but it was more of an audio experience anyway. Last night we went downtown with 2 other couples that we have become friends with. We set up a blanket and a picnic dinner on the lawn by the state capitol and listened to the Madison symphony perform a free one hour concert! It was awesome! They call it concert on the square and the symphony performs every Wednesday night all summer long!


I realize that these videos are essentially the same but I thought they were each so cute! I was also really happy to finally catch her talking on video. Usually when I get out the camera she stops doing whatever it was that I was hoping to capture and just stares at the camera. She is quite the talker lately. She spends the day smiling and giving long addresses. I love it!

4 comments:

Paula said...

How cute. I am glad you guys are enjoying Madison. I do miss you though.

Bev Tracy said...

Wow. You packed a lot into one post. Nice job. Audrey is beautiful. What a sweetheart!

The Bergant Family said...

Yellow Watermelon!!! Who would have thunk? Audrey's little voice is so cute! I'm so glad that you have found fun friends and fun things to do in your new hometown. she looks so much like M & T's baby pictures!

Anonymous said...

Aww. Those videos of Audrey make me miss her! Can't believe how much she has grown since we saw her just a month ago. Glad you guys are doing well and enjoying your new area.
-Claire