Friday, October 22, 2010

Toto We Aren't in Utah Anymore...

I was somewhat amused today at the funny looks I got as I loaded up a shopping cart FULL of non-perishables at the grocery store. It's time, actually past time, that Mitchell and I got our food storage in order again. If only the disbelieving onlookers knew that I will probably be buying up 2-3 times this amount of food at Costco this weekend. Haha, oh well. I suppose it is a bit unorthodox to buy so much food at once...weirder still to line it all up and take pictures at home. The lengths I will go to to blog about something/someone beside the usual star of the show. :) Speaking of her, here she is!



I walked in to the living room the other evening to find the 2 loves of my life sitting on the couch together reading their books. It was so sweet! Audrey has been enjoying her daddy time a lot lately!

Audrey is getting the hang of eating and she is really starting to love it! She so far devours rice cereal and avocado. Next up butternut squash or peas?


A friend of mine loaned me a book about developing good sleep habits for kids. She swears by it so I decided to start reading it. Audrey has never been a terrible sleeper by any means but I could use some more snooze so I thought I would see what advice the author has to give. One of his main points of emphasis is to put babies to bed very early. Audrey was going to bed about 9:30-10:00 a few weeks ago. As an experiment we started putting Audrey to bed at 8:00 and found that the first few nights she cried for 15-20 minutes or so before falling asleep. After that she cried less and less and gradually over the last couple of weeks she herself has started showing signs of being ready for bed between 7:00-7:30. We just watch for her signals and put her pajamas on and put her in bed. She now goes down really easily and if she fusses at all she stops by the time we leave the room! Not only has this totally changed her attitude in the evening and at night, she is SO much happier and content during the day! She will even go down if Mitchell puts her to bed! In fact, last night I was doing the dishes and he noticed that she was getting tired so he put her pajamas on and sang her some songs and put her down before I even realized what he was up to! That was a great moment in marriage and parenting!

My girl sure loves playing on the floor! Her mouth is open because she was screeching with delight at having sneakily removed her slippers...for the hundredth time yesterday!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yumm...is that 15 bean soup I spy on your table? Just made some of that in the crock pot yesterday!

The Bergant Family said...

Yay! Good job getting things together there. We live in Utah and we're still working on our food storage. Like really needing to do it. So, good example! :) Did you make the headband for Audrey?! It's beautiful nad I want a tutorial!