Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Indian Summer

I had never heard the term 'Indian Summer' before I moved to the midwest. For any one else who might not know what that means I will define it. An Indian summer is what it's called when the weather cools down in the early fall only to warm up again for a while. I have to say I like Indian summers! The last week or two have been in the 80's again and it is lovely! In fact, because we are also having relatively low humidity as well I have to say it's been nicer than the real summer. Audrey and I have been taking advantage of the great weather by taking daily walks out in the neighborhoods. (see previous post) Monday was quite warm so I let Audrey play in water to see how she liked it. She LOVED it! I put about an inch or so of water in the tray of her highchair and let her go crazy and she splashed and squealed and had a great time! Here is some footage...





This just in! Audrey has 2 items of new business to share just this afternoon! Look at her skills...

She can almost sit up by herself! She was using this toy bucket for balance.

The next series of photos are from this evening after Mitchell and I ate dinner. Audrey decided to have a little meal of her own. :)

"What is dad doing to that avocado?"

"I have a spoon, what's this thing for anyway?"

"Uh oh, Dad has a spoon too. And it has mashed up avocado on it."

"You actually want me to put that stuff in my mouth? Well...ok..."

"Um..."

"Mommy...what is happening? Is this ok?" (I was dying laughing by this point)

"There is something...something...different in my mouth..."

"I don't know about this, I don't think I like it"

"Well, ok Dad, if you say it's that good I will try again"

"Blech."

Mitchell says I am a mean mom because I can't stop laughing at her gagging on avocado. It was so funny! I'm pretty sure that she is just getting used to having a new texture in her mouth. Mitchell was pretty sure that she had taken her last breath. We'll keep letting her explore the world of solid foods at her own pace. I thought the avocado was a partial success. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Love the commentary. Audrey is looking more and more like Mitchell, I think! What a beauty.
-Claire

Kent and Jenice said...

What a fun blog. I agree she is looking more and more like Mitchell. Thank you for your blog and the picture of Audrey you sent with Mitchell. G. Grandparents Harris

Elli Morley said...

ha this is so cute.

The Bergant Family said...

I love the last photo, especially! How funny! I think that she will be a good new food taste tester. Go Audrey!