Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer

This is just a quick little update between classes. I'm excited for "Spring" semester to end so that I can really be off from school. !!!! I'm honestly getting a little burnt out, especially because I have no thesis topic and the classes that I'm taking are very time consuming. On the bright side I've learned alot this term (I can do Fourier and Laplace transforms now!) and it's about to end just after this coming finals "week" (by week I mean 2 days).

On brighter news Melanie and I finally got ourselves into gear and went camping! In Spanish fork cannon there is a so called 'primitive' camp ground. By primitive they must have meant no elecricity or room service, because there was a steel fire pit, a clearing with soft bark layed down, and a steel bench under a concrete pavilion all about 100 yards from the parking lot. Yeah, we roughed it big time.
We felt like cave men. Melanie set up the tent and cleared the camp while I got the fire going somehow without a knife (turns out that bark makes excellent kindling). We then made S'mores and tried to get to sleep all night on the hard ground because we didn't have a sleeping pad. I'm pounding my chest as we speek.

2 comments:

Linda said...

With a niece named Summer due any day now, the title of your post have me false excitement!

The Bergant Family said...

I think you're doing great! Camping already! Leon and I have 2 been married 7 years and have yet to attempt it. Maybe a inflatable pad would be good next time, but it sounded like a nice spot.