Saturday, June 13, 2009

May and June

Today Grandma Harris requested an update on our blog. I had no idea my wonderful husband had already done it yesterday but this will be my scoop. Since the end of April and graduation we have been really busy! Mitchell started right in on his Master's degree without more than just the weekend for a break. He is working hard and making progress. I had planned on taking a humanitarian nursing trip to Peru for 4 weeks in May and the first part of June but it was canceled at the last minute. I was so relieved! Honestly, the whole trip was poorly planned and was kind of a nightmare for me. So instead of going to Peru for a month I went to Washington DC for a week! It was amazing! We were a group of 13 nursing students with 2 instructors studying veterans healthcare. It was very interesting and I can't wait to go back to that wonderful city! I will include a few pictures of the highlights from DC with this post.


This is most of our group with 3 World War II veterans! The cute little guy in the front was wearing his actual uniform that he wore in the war! They were so sweet!


This is us in front of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. This is where active duty soldiers are treated when they get injured or sick while on assignment. Most of the patients were my age or younger and were facing some big life changes. We got to visit the amputee unit, that was very sobering but also good to see that the military takes good care of the brave soldiers. I was amazed that most of the soldiers who had lost limbs were very positive and optimistic.

The Washington DC Temple is gorgeous!!


Monday is the last day of class for Spring term and we are both happy to have somewhat of a break! Well, of course, Mitchell will still be working on his Master's so I guess I am happy to get a break from school!

A few Saturdays ago Mitchell took me to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens at my request! They were beautiful and we had a great time enjoying the beauty of nature together. Here are some pics that really don't do this garden justice. It is about 55 acres of gorgeous manicured earth! If you are ever near Lehi, UT in the Spring or Summer it is definitely worth the time!






My sister, Lynn, is due to have a baby any day so we are all awaiting the arrival of Summer Lynn Colvin!! Thanks to Aunt Jennifer for the adorable and fun idea...I have a craft that I will be making for Summer's nursery. I will try to track the progress of the project on this blog. :)

Here are the materials for this adorable project! At least I hope my version turns out as adorable as Jennifer's!

Life is fabulous! My other exciting news is that in August I am flying to Dallas, TX to play with my best friend that I haven't seen in 2 years! Lindsey, I can't wait!!

2 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

Ohhhh. I want to see what this nursery project is so I can copy it before our baby comes! It looks like it will be very cute. Thanks for the update. Have fun studying, Mitch. :)

Lindsey said...

I CAN'T WAIT TIL AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!