Saturday, December 4, 2010

Photo Dump

I have a bunch of photos again and not too many stories. Just the way a blog post ought to be!

Audrey's long hair is out of control! She likes to brush it down into her face and it just looks messy a lot. I finally got her some clips and it's helping a lot! I'm impressed that she doesn't just yank them out either!

Audrey has been experimenting with solid foods for about a month now. At first she was leery of the new textures but she was interested in eating like a grown up. After a while the novelty of it must have worn off because she totally lost interest. I was really fine with not feeding her solids for a while because it takes FOREVER but the pediatrician wants us to keep trying. The pediatrician actually wants her eating 3 meals a day but we are just going to start with 1 and see where that goes. (Above) Audrey and Daddy laughing while he attempts to shovel the yogurt and rice cereal in. Every time he got the loaded spoon near her mouth she clamped it shut!

This morning I had given up on trying and just dumped the whole container of yogurt on her tray. I don't think any made it to her mouth but she sure had fun!

The other night I wondered if she would feed herself finger foods. She doesn't really know how to chew yet so it would have to be something that pretty much melts in your mouth. How about grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese? It was a hit!

Here it is again!

For the last month we have known we were living on borrowed time since there was no snow on the ground yet. This is what we woke up to this morning. About 4-5 inches of soft powdery snow. Ahh, oh well, I guess winter has arrived.

In celebration of the season we had 2 other couples over this morning for gingerbread (graham cracker) house making! It was a blast! I should have gotten pictures of the process, it was so messy! We all had a great time though! Mitchell made a graham cracker temple (it's pretty gaudy so we'll call it a non-denominational temple) and I made a nativity scene.





3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ah the clip is quite the improvement-- now we can see that ADORABLE face of hers!! SO SO CUTE!!! I love this age.. they're so darn funny!
Good luck with the food... I'm still struggling with Lacey sometimes! haha
I love the graham cracker decorating- may have to have some friends over to do that too! OR you guys can come over and join us! See you Saturday!! :) I wish!

Claire Roach said...

You guys are so creative with your Gingerbread houses. Love it. And Audrey is getting more and more beautiful as time goes on-I didn't think that was possible as she started out so pretty! Tell her hi from her cousins in Germany.

Paula said...

Those are such cute pics, oh and I love the sweater in the first one. (wink).