Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Crab Pants

So the other day we were at the fabric store. We're looking for some flannel backing for a quilt Melanie is making. And there I saw it. Half way across the aisle, staring back at me are hundreds of happy crabs. I can't help but bust up laughing looking at them. I mean look at them! They're hilarious.

Tell me that you can't look at these and smile. They're just so smiley while waving those claws about in the air.

Anyhow, so I convince Melanie to buy a yard of happy crab flannel. A couple days latter she's made a car seat cover of it. Bev (my mother-in-law) is helping us out with Audrey. I begin to realize that my normal sleepware isn't appropriate for walking around the house in the middle of the night with a crying baby. Also being understandably sympathetic to this issue, Bev offers to make me pajamas. She tells me to get her a couple yards of fabric, any fabric, and she'll whip them up.

Can you see where this is going yet? A few days later and after some elbow grease applied by my industrious relation, I've got Happy Crab Pants! Aren't they beautiful! Take a look. Every night when I have to wake up to calm down a crying child, I glance down at my legs, and suddenly a happy warmth rushes all over me.




P.S. Doesn't the tie-dye go great with them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what fabric store this fabric came from? I have a family member that is expecting and she would love to use this in her nursery, but we can't find it anywhere.