Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby Here!

Audrey Kathleen Harris joined us at 12:18 on May 13th. She is 7 lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches tall. She's got a head full of hair, has already tried breast feeding with some success, and was alert and attentive for the first few hours before she went into new-baby hibernation.

Allow me to pontificate on my wife for a little before we go to the photo shoot. She was amazing. She did this without an epidural and was in labor for 36 hours. The entire time she was calm and in control. She kept saying, "I can do this. This is hard, but I can do this." She is a powerful woman. One of the first things that I loved in her when we were dating is all put together: the compete package. Well, this confirms to me the truth of that. She can do any, conquer anything. She is a special woman.

And now for what you're really hitting this blog for: the pictures. These are in chronological order. This first one she' been out for about 25 seconds.



























































































Tyler (my twin brother for all you non-Harris-ers) was honored to be the first besides the parents to hold her. We're greatful for his visit and pound of fudge!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!
Love, Laurie Chambers Bate

Ryan Merrell said...

Melanie,
You are a beast!! No epidural, I am so proud of you. She is beautiful! Congrats you guys!!

Ryan Merrell said...

Haha well it's really not ryan..in case you didn't know.

The Bergant Family said...

That hair is to DIE FOR cute!!!!!!! Oh, I'm loving her already. Miri, Kaja, and Audrey will have so much fun together! Melanie, you are amazing but we all knew that after knowing you for 5 seconds. Mitchell, you are almost a man, but first you need a gas BBQ. :) Congratulations to you both. She is beautiful!

Chris and Christina said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! (and I'm referring to mom AND baby!) Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two, and now three!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. So cute. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Welcome to the world, Audrey. She is beautiful. Looks a lot like Melanie, I think. Good job delivering sans epidural, especially with your first child! Can't wait to see all 3 of you.
-Claire

Richard said...

Mitchell, the jeans worked!! Congratulations you two.

Elli Morley said...

yay

Paula said...

Finally! Congratulations! I am so impressed no epidural after 36 hours of labor! (I am guessing you knew when you were in labor though ;)

She is a pretty baby.