Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 Week Stats


Well, our little angel is 2 weeks old today! Happy Birthday Audrey! Last Thursday we celebrated with a chocolate cake...can I somehow justify a chocolate cake every Thursday? Probably not seeing as how I would like to be able to button my jeans again someday. Anyhow, Audrey and I went to see the pediatrician this morning. I feel some congratulations are in order since this is the first time in 2 weeks that we have made it out of the house before noon! Wahoo! No matter that the appointment was at 11:00am, and no matter that I got up at 7:00am to get there on time- we made it! I think the doctor must have gotten a special certification in --comments that will make a new momma proud-- because he kept saying things like "She is SO alert!" "I rarely see such a young baby so content" "Most 2 week olds don't open their hands this much, she is advanced." Like any proud mother would, I beamed and let myself believe it all. She is such a precious and happy baby, we couldn't be more pleased.

Here are her 2 week stats:

weight: 7lbs 15.5oz- 35th percentile
length: 21 inches- 77th percentile
head circumference 35.5cm- 40th percentile

Our little peanut is so tall and skinny! Not to worry, her chicken legs are filling out and she is rapidly getting a double chin too!

She does have a funny little nuance that we noticed after only a few days of having her. Audrey saves her burps. She likes to hang on to them until about 30 minutes after she has eaten. Silly girl! When I am up with her at night she will eat like a champ and go right back to sleep. I try to pat her back, rub her back, change her position...anything to coax the air out of her tummy but to no avail. Almost without fail 30 minutes later (coincidentally, that is exactly how long it takes me to finally fall back into a restful sleep) she wakes up uncomfortable and lets us know she needs to burp. Thankfully, Mitchell is awesome and gets up with her. We can't complain about her sleeping habits though, she usually sleeps for about 4-5 hours at a time during the night! That's my girl!

This afternoon we were delighted to have a visit from Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Harris! Here's a picture.

3 comments:

Kim said...

She is so cute. I must say though, I am super jealous of all my friends and their sleeping babies. I just keep thinking...you'll get yours when she is 16. Haha. Anyway I just wanted to give you a website http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html. You can print out your blog. It's pretty sweet. We plan to write as much as we can about Sam and then print it out for his first brithday.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I want one of my kids with Grandma and Grandpa Harris! Looking forward to the visit any day now!
-Claire

The Bergant Family said...

So cute!! I must say that I absolutely love that bow. Very darling. :) Your description of the doctor's visit was so funny too. First time parent classic. Loved it. Can't wait to see you again soon.