Monday, February 15, 2010

Sisters

This week both of my sisters flew out from California for a visit! They arrived Saturday and so far we have had a blast! Lynn brought the main attraction with her too...Summer! Yesterday Eileen's flight landed in Salt Lake at 8:45am but Lynn and Summer didn't arrive until 3:35pm. Eileen and I were excited to spend the day bumming around Salt Lake but we soon realized that we were both exhausted! We did a little grocery shopping for the week. (Which included a naughty splurge on Cadbury Mini Eggs....BEST Easter candy out there!) Then we explored the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake. By 11:30 she and I looked at each other and almost simultaneously said we were too tired to do anything else. We needed a nap! Thank goodness for conveniently located grandparents! Grandma and Grandpa Harris saved us with their amazingly comfortable twin beds in the basement! After some lunch and a 2 hour nap we were ready to head back to the airport and get Lynn and Summer. Once back in Provo we had a great breakfast for dinner of raspberry pancakes, eggs, bacon and juice. Yum. Then we all went to a comedy show at BYU called Divine Comedy. I was worried that the loud, make that blaring, music and flashing lights would scare Summer but she surprised me. Apparently my 7 month old niece is a party girl because she LOVED the show! She even laughed when they shot glow sticks into the croud with a cannon. She is a very fun baby to have around because she loves to interact and smile and laugh but she is also so content to occupy herself if no one is paying attention to her.

Our fun experiment of the week is to try out cloth diapering! Mitchell and I have decided to use cloth diapers and I have been researching for months about the pros and cons and the whole routine involved. I have accumulated basically everything we will need to do it so Lynn agreed to conduct a cloth diapering trial on Summer this week. So far it's been pretty easy! No leaks, no blow outs and no stinky pile of icky diapers. We will keep you posted. **Haha, I just thought about that last sentence. If you don't care to be kept posted about the ins and outs of a weeks worth of diaper changes, I can totally understand that. I never thought I would be one of THOSE parents who talks only of their child's sleeping, eating and pooping schedule but I am suddenly feeling impending doom on that subject!**

Today was church and Summer, of course, did great! Mitchell is smitten with her and she loves him too! Mitchell took her to Elders Quorum today and would have her on his lap all week if he had his way. After church Mitchell made a delicious Valentine's Day Dinner for all the women in his house. We had a ham, scalloped potatoes (which were beyond amazing!), rolls and asparagus. Thanks Honey! Tomorrow Mitchell and Eileen are going to go play with paint ball guns with a group from our ward. Lynn and Summer are going to visit Lynn's brothers in law and I am going to sleep in!

P.S. I'll get some pictures up here soon! I'm writing this from work at 2:00am. It's gonna be a fun week!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I am very interested in hearing how the cloth diapers go. :)