Monday, February 1, 2010

NCLEX

I thought about making the title of this post "The Dreaded NCLEX" but I wasn't really dreading it. More than anything I was just happy to be getting it out of the way. Yes, I was nervous. But at the same time I felt really prepared and I really didn't ever entertain the idea that I may fail. Shudder, no. So, today was the big NCLEX day and it's over! Question 74 took me FOREVER! It was a complicated calculation which always take me a long time, but I think I was also delaying the possibility that it might continue on after the 75 question minimum. Oh dear, I don't think I could have endured 265 questions! I am happy to report that I did experience the great relief of seeing the blank blue screen after question 75! I think this is a good sign because it means I either passed with flying colors or completely crashed and burned. I will hopefully find out in the next couple of days! I certainly hope that soon I will be Melanie Harris, Registered Nurse!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry to talk to you on every public website--BUT, don't you think it would be awesome to see the standard deviation of how you scored?!? I don't understand why they don't release that...

Harris Family said...

Yeah! I agree! It would be nice to know. But...as long as I pass.

Lisa C said...

I'm sure you did great! Congrats!

Lisa C said...

PS. Does the number of questions vary because it adjusts the questions until it settles on your score? If so, #74 being horribly difficult is a VERY good sign! At least that's what I was told when taking a computer adaptive GRE.

kate + parker said...

yay!! so awesome that it's over and unless you are are about to make BYU history (failing in 75 questions) I am sure you passed with flying colors!

Anonymous said...

Your RN test sounds like it has a format that is similar to my RD exam, and if I remember correctly, a hard question at the end is a great sign! We're all rooting for you, Melanie!
-Claire

Paula said...

Great job Melanie! I wish the NCLEX would go as well for me. Unlike you, I am rather nervous. Too much rests on this test. Ugh.

Andrea said...

I know you passed. for sure!! but my last question was the easiest question ever--and I still passed. So sadly, you can't analyze the test... But you passed. Absolutely for sure!! Congrats ahead of time!!