Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week in Recap

We only took one picture at the very end of our Saturday adventure this week so I thought I'd give a little peek into the highlights of the week. 

On Tuesday Reid was a total champ! He was happy and obedient all day! When it was homework time he sat down and got it done. He played nicely without fighting, he ate his dinner without complaining and put his plate in the sink without being asked! After dinner I asked Redick to take a shower and put on jammies. While I was negotiating the terms with Redick, Reid called me from upstairs in the shower to get help with the shampoo. He was just getting it done and being so great! After Mitchell got home I took Reid out for a date. He got an Icee at Costco and I loved having some time with just him. ❤


The boys invited their best friend from school over on Wednesday for a play date! Here they are wearing their boxtroll costumes. (aka a box with holes cut in it that provided hours of fun)


For the last few weeks I've been able to meet Audrey at school and eat lunch with her in the cafeteria once a week. We have both really enjoyed it! On Thursday when I arrived she was waiting for me at the curb with this drawing of us. Pretty much melted my heart! 


In our church congregation I get to teach the young women from ages 12-18. We have lots of fun! Saturday morning we trekked up to Volcán Masaya to see the lava. I've seen it before but it's totally amazing even the second time! It's no wonder the Colombian era Spaniards called it "the mouth of hell." It is definitely an impressive sight to see the core of the earth down there boiling and churning! 


After I got back from the volcano we headed for the beach! We visited a new beach that is much closer to where we live. It was very beautiful and we had so much fun! So much fun in fact, that we didn't take any pictures until we were headed back to the car at sunset. We live in a paradise! We're very blessed. 



No comments: