Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Time Fun!

I guess it's not officially summer yet but we've been having fun! On Memorial Day we enjoyed the day out at Antelope Island. It is a large island out in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. It was originally settled by Fielding Garr who is Mitchell's 4th or 5th great grandfather. We had a great time with our extended family too! Mitchell and I took our nephews out with us and we got to experience a cowboy music and poetry festival. It was pretty cool! They had plenty of fun activities set up for the kids too. It was also an eye opening experience for Mitchell and me to coordinate 3 kids. Our time is coming!

Here's a video of Audrey barrel racing:


We are also loving our house! We got some more furniture for the living room so people can come over and have a place to sit! Novel idea, I know. Audrey's favorite place is probably the back porch. For her birthday we got her a picnic table and she loves, LOVES to go out there to eat breakfast or lunch or snack or just to play. It is so great. She's definitely solar powered like her momma.

Isn't this just the perfect summertime activity?!
Now that it is June it is officially baby month! If these boys don't come on their own by the 12th, they are getting the boot. There is quite a bit of research that shows that after 38 weeks twins do better outside than in. Of course, I'm hoping they will come on their own sooner than that! I got all good news at my appointment yesterday! Both babies are definitely head down (hoping they stay that way so I avoid the c-section), I came back group B strep negative (yay! no antibiotics and IV to deal with!) and I'm 2 cm dilated!  June is starting off well!


1 comment:

katie said...

Yay! I am so glad things are continuing to go well! It makes all the difference when you are that pregnant! When I read your caption I was like, it really would be if she's eating watermelon! That really is the perfect summer activity! Good call.