Friday, November 7, 2008

Picketing, Football games, and other stuff I should have blogged on

So I've been waiting forever to add my own two cents to this blog under the guise of waiting for something to blog on. As it turn out, I've let about 5 good things pass and now I need to play catch up.

First up, UIST.
I am now officially a published man. You can take a look at my paper the ACM ditigal library. You may not be able to actually see the article off of campus. If you REALLY want to see it, drop me an email. The good news from the conference was that I got to present and the presentation went very well. The bad news was that I didn't love it, and am begining to think about switching over to Human Robot Interactions (HRI) instead of Human Computer Interactions (HCI). More on that later.

Melanie and I have been enjoying going to the football games. The BYU cougars started out really strong, have hit a bit of a slump for the last few games, but will be back at it this Saturday. Here we are shivering away. BTW random thought. I took this picture with my cell phone on 640x480 resolution. However, I believe that they've reduced the color depth on these images. If you look at our faces or at my color you can see color contours.

In other news Mel and I made a surprise visit to California last week. In addition to hanging out with the Tracys, we also got to picket for Prop 8. For two hours more than 200 people stood outside in the cold for a 1.5 mile stretch waving signs. It being suburban Sacramento we got about 8 or 9 friendly waves or thumbs up for every middle finger. Anyhow. We like to think that our signs got that last 2% of the vote to get Prop 8 passed.


I look forward to blogging with you all in the future!
Mitchell

3 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

Super fabulous to hear your voice! Hope you like blogging and will keep it up. Bet the surprise trip to CA was fun! That sounds awesome! Where will you be for Thanksgiving?!

The Bergant Family said...

Ps. Congrats on being published! I couldn't link into it, but would I even understand it if I could read it?!?!

Claire Roach said...

You guys are awesome-hooray for prop 8 passing. Mitch, glad the conference presentation went well! And it took marrying Melanie to drag you to a football game, eh? :)